Improving mental health and addiction in Te Manawa Taki
Te Manawa Taki Mental Health and Addiction Network works to improve mental health and addiction services in the region by ‘connecting Te Manawa Taki’ through service and workforce development, partnerships and relationships. This is done by facilitating sector-wide integration and involvement in regional strategic planning and integration.
Whakatōngia te aroha hai oranga mo te whānau, Whakatōngia te kohara kia awe ai te iwi
Plant the seed of love so that the whānau will survive, plant the seed of passion to give strength to iwi
Our Equity Statement
Te Manawa Taki Five Core Equity statements for mental health and addiction was derived from the overwhelming feedback from whānau.
- Mana Motuhake – providing choice for whānau as determined by whānau and is accessible for ALL whānau regardless of circumstances. Mana Motuhake is evidence based and measured against the Articles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Mo te Katoa (for everyone) - the right fit and connection for our whānau. Demonstrating tika, pono and aroha evidenced through naturally occurring action and assessment.
- Matakite – flexible, adaptive, agile services that are close to the ground to whānau needs which includes and validates the natural intuitive ability of all to work alongside our whānau.
- Tikanga and Kawa Based – is determined as a whānau knowing, grounded in indigenous collective ideology, informed by traditions of time and space.
- Wairuatanga – heal the wairua; heal the whānau.
The Framework and Equity statements articulate the voices of Māori and Whānau.
- Lead regional mental health and addiction planning
- Lead service improvement
- Support the achievement of health targets and policy priorities
- Link to national and regional governance structures and processes
- Lead and support the development of nationally consistent approaches to mental health and addiction
- Reduce inequalities in mental health and addiction outcomes
- Manaakitanga (Integrity)
- Kotahitanga (Oneness)
- Whakawhānaungatanga (Sharing)
- Rangatiratanga (Leadership)